Tuesday, September 04, 2012

E's First Day of School

And he's off... to school - junior kindergarten, just like that!

What a sweet morning it was for our big boy. He grabbed his lunch, saddled up his over-sized backpack and boarded the bus like he's been doing it for years.  He didn't waiver at all... saw the bus, gave a kiss goodbye, and marched up the steps like it was his job!

PC and I arrived at the school to greet the bus and to get E to the proper room to get settled and meet his teacher.  He really didn't look back from the moment he jumped out of bed, proudly announcing, 'I'm going to school today'.  I am sure the excitement and the day's activities will exhaust him by supper time, but I can't wait to see what he has to say about his day.

I really could not be prouder of this little man. He did it, he really did it (and we did it too)! I got a little teary eyed driving to the school but I held it together on outside, even though I was sobbing on the inside.

What an exciting morning... our big boy is now a school boy!

Yay!


 SC live signature

Labels: , , , , ,